top of page
Frequently Asked Questions About Nutrition at Metabolic Health India
What do I provide as a Coach?
1. As a low carb nutrition coach, my content writing includes articles, blog posts, and social media content that educates and inspires clients and potential clients about the benefits of low-carbohydrate eating.
2. I provide tips and strategies for adopting a low-carbohydrate lifestyle, recipes and meal planning ideas, and information about the latest research on nutrition and health.
3. My content is designed to be informative, engaging, and accessible to anyone who is interested in improving their health and wellness through a low-carbohydrate approach to eating.
What is a Low Carb Diet?
A low-carb diet is a dietary approach that limits the intake of carbohydrates, such as sugars and starches, and emphasises the consumption of protein, healthy fats, and non-starchy vegetables.
Advantages of a Low Carb Diet?
Here are some potential advantages of following a low-carb diet:
1. Weight loss: Low-carb diets have been shown to be effective for weight loss. By reducing the intake of carbohydrates, the body is forced to burn fat for energy, which can lead to a reduction in body weight and body fat.
2. Improved blood sugar control: Low-carb diets have been shown to improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes and insulin resistance. By limiting the intake of carbohydrates, blood sugar levels are kept more stable, which can help reduce the risk of high blood sugar levels and diabetes-related complications.
3. Lowered risk of heart disease: Low-carb diets may help lower the risk of heart disease by reducing levels of triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), increasing levels of HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol), and improving other cardiovascular risk factors.
4. Reduced inflammation: Low-carb diets may help reduce inflammation in the body, which is associated with a variety of chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's disease.
5. Increased satiety: Low-carb diets may help people feel more full and satisfied after meals, which can lead to a reduction in calorie intake and weight loss.
6. Improved cognitive function: Some studies have suggested that low-carb diets may improve cognitive function, particularly in older adults.
Impact of Low Carb Diet on Diabetes?
1. Low Carbohydrate diet is even approved by the American Diabetes Association for Type 2 diabetes management since 2019.
2. Diabetes Canada has also approved low carb diet for Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes since 2020.
3. It’s also approved as an option for weight loss by Obesity Medicine Association USA.
4. Prior to the discovery of Insulin and oral tablets, Low carb diet was recommended.
5. Low Carb diet for Type 2 diabetes has >200 years of documented history.
bottom of page